Appeals of Adverse Decisions Policy
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) is committed to a fair appeal process on any decision considered to be adverse by applicants, candidates, or certified persons.
- Adverse decisions shall include all administrative decisions made by the Institute to address actions/behaviours considered as violation of the rules, guidelines, policies and Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics guiding its value offerings.
- All rules, guidelines and Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics guiding the value offerings of the Institute shall be made accessible to all applicants, candidates or certified members of the Institute in a written format.
- The Institute shall take adverse decisions where the rules, policies, principles and Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics guiding its value offerings are violated.
- Applicants, candidates and certified members of the Institute have the right to appeal adverse decisions where/when necessary to do so.
- The appellant shall send all appeals of decisions made by the Institute in writing not later than 30 calendar days from the postmark date on the original letter of denial.
- The Institute shall acknowledge the receipt of the appeal in writing within 5 working days.
- The Institute shall either establish a new Appeal Committee or make use of the existing ones as the case may be.
- Upon receipt of an appeal, the Institute’s relevant Appeal Panel/Committee will gather all evidence in the case and make final decision. Within 30 calendar days from the date of the correspondence, the Institute will respond to the appellant in writing. Where there is need for extension beyond 30 calendar days, the appellant shall be informed before the expiration of the first 30 calendar days.