You must first be admitted as a Student Member before you can write the examination. You can apply for Student membership by following these steps:
• Visit www.cipmnigeria.org
• Click on ‘Membership’ and select ‘Become a Member’ from the dropdown
• Click on ‘Membership by Examination
• Click ‘Apply Now’
• Click on create “Create New Profile”
• Fill out the form and upload your credentials
• Make the payment of N3,000 online and submit the application
• Application takes 48 working hours to be processed. You will be notified via your registered email.
If you are a Corps Member, please follow these steps:
• Visit www.cipmnigeria.org
• Click on ‘Membership’
• Click on ‘Corpers Application’
• Click on ‘Create New Profile’
• Complete the form, make payment and submit
Once your application is approved, you will be required to login to the portal, using the details in your admission letter, to pay the acceptance fee of N6,500 before you can register for the examination.
• Visit the CIPM Website – www.cipmnigeria.org
• Click ‘Examination’ and select ‘Examination Guidelines’
You can take your examination from anywhere in the world using a computer with an internet facility.
Students can take the online-based examination at their preferred diet in the year. These take place in March, June, September, and December.
Yes. Visually impaired candidates will be given customized questions or assisted with reading the questions.
Yes. Study materials are only available to the admitted students and can be downloaded by logging in to the portal.
CIPM has accredited study centres at various locations. To access the Study Centers,
• Visit our website www.cipmnigeria.org
• Click ‘Examination’ and select ‘Study Center’ from the dropdown
No, this is optional.
Ensure you attend the examination sensitisation webinars that will be scheduled and communicated per diet.
Please download the new test guidelines document containing the updated safe exam browser here
No. The fees are not transferrable, you should only pay for the diet you intend to write.
You can defer your examination only on health grounds with proof of a doctor’s report. But you have seven (7) years to complete all the examination stages, afterwards, your student membership/results will be forfeited
You can still write it but the system might log you out once the scheduled time elapses.
Send your complaint via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review and reply accordingly.
Send an email to email@example.com explaining the situation.
We will investigate and reply accordingly.
You will be marked absent and the payment will be forfeited. You will be required to pay again whenever you intend to write it.
1. Log into your portal.
2. Click on ‘Operations’ and click ‘Exam Past Questions’ in the dropdown.
3. Select your examination stage
It applies to candidates who do not start from Foundation 1. The payment is charged in lieu of the stage(s) being exempted from
No, you only pay once for the exemption fee. It is payable alongside your first examination fee.
|STAGE||FAIL 1||FAIL 2||FAIL 3||FAIL 4||FAIL 5|
|FOUNDATION 1 (FIVE SUBJECTS)||RESIT 1 ONLY OR ALONG WITH FOUNDATION 2||RETAKE 2 ONLY||RETAKE 3 ONLY||RETAKE ALL||RETAKE ALL|
|FOUNDATION 2 (FIVE SUBJECTS)||RESIT 1 ONLY OR ALONG WITH INTERMEDIATE 1||RETAKE 2 ONLY||RETAKE 3 ONLY||RETAKE ALL||RETAKE ALL|
|INTERMEDIATE 1 (FOUR SUBJECTS)||RESIT 1 ONLY OR ALONG WITH INTERMEDIATE 2||RETAKE 2 ONLY||RETAKE ALL||RETAKE ALL||N/A|
|INTERMEDIATE 2 (FOUR SUBJECTS)||RESIT 1 ONLY OR ALONG WITH PROFESSIONAL 1||RETAKE 2 ONLY||RETAKE ALL||RETAKE ALL||N/A|
|PROFESSIONAL 1 (FIVE SUBJECTS)||RESIT 1 ONLY OR ALONG WITH PROFESSIONAL 2||RETAKE 2 ONLY||RETAKE 3 ONLY||RETAKE ALL||RETAKE ALL|
|PROFESSIONAL 2 (FOUR SUBJECTS)||RESIT 1 ONLY||RETAKE 2 ONLY||RETAKE ALL||RETAKE ALL||N/A|
EXAMINATION FEES EFFECTIVE FROM MARCH 2023 EXAMINATION DIET
|EXAMINATION STAGES||EXAM FEE||1 RESIT FEE||2 RESIT FEE||3 RESIT FEE||EXEMPTION FEE|
|PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION I||51,240.00||11,520.00||23,040.00||34,560.00||19,440.00|
|PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION II||56,040.00||12,720.00||25,440.00||N/A||N/A|
Results are released within a month after the Examination.
• Log in to your portal
• Click on ‘operations’ and select ‘statement of result’
The testing and the associated marking were automated. By implication, there was no human interference in the end-to-end testing and marking process, hence no basis for human error. These strengthen the Institute’s Quality Assurance Process.
However, the Global Standard (ISO17024) guiding the Institute’s certification process allows you to challenge your results if you wish to do so. The process is as follows:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intention to challenge your results.
• Pay the administrative charge of Twenty-Five Thousand Naira (N25,000) per subject to the Institute’s Bank Account (please note that this charge is per course/subject you intend to challenge).
Account Name: Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria
Bank: UBA Plc
Acct Number: 1001557151
Sort Code: 033152187
Bank: Access Bank Plc
Acct Number: 0016322800
Sort Code: 044151164
• Send the evidence of payment to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
• You shall be invited to a session during which the examination questions you attempted and your
answers to those questions shall be exported from the computer and reviewed with you.
• If the outcome of the review shows there were errors in the Institute’s earlier grading decision, these shall be corrected and the administrative fee you paid earlier shall be refunded to you.
Otherwise, you shall forfeit the administrative charge.
You have seven (7) years to complete your examination before your student membership/results will be forfeited and you will be required to re-register afresh